Re: JFFS2 & NAND

gleixner@xxxxxxx.de said:
> Yes inside JFFS2, but who tells the NAND driver, which layout to use.

Do we really need the NAND driver to be able to use more than one layout?

Either we have hardware ECC which determines the layout, or the NAND driver
implements software ECC and gets to choose. Can't the filesystem just deal
with the ECC layout used by the NAND driver, as determined by the
underlying hardware?

--
dwmw2