Re: JFFS2 & NAND

I hacked it, so that JFFS2 uses the c->mtd->ecctype to decide which oob
layout is given. I tested the system again and destroyed the ECC data on one
page. When i tried to mount JFFS2 again it failed, because the nand driver
returned -EIO, as the bad page ECC was seen.
That's not the way it can go. You have one bad ECC page and all your data are
lost.
There are two possibilities to react:
1. Return the raw page data without ECC correction and return 0 (success) and
let the fs driver detect the invalid stuff on it's own, what JFFS2 actually
does.

2. Return the raw page data without ECC correction and return a value > 0 to
inform the fs driver that ECC failed and data maybe corrupted.

I think the 2nd one is the better one. But it gives us a lot of hacking
inside JFFS2.

--
Thomas