Re: Slow jffs2 startup on DOM

Joakim.Tjernlund@xxxxxxx.se said:
>  Any idea why kupdate consumes so much CPU? Erasing blocks should use
> very little CPU. If kupdate behaved better it would not matter that
> much WHEN blocks are erased. Kupdate(I think) compleatly blocks my
> apps for many seconds when it kicks in after reboot and finds a lot of
> blocks to erase.

> Maybe it's kupdate that is responsible for long blocking times when
> the FS starts to get full as well?

Feasible. I don't see why it should though - it should be scheduling and
allowing other processes to run while it's waiting for the chip to finish
erasing, and it shouldn't be holding any locks that anything else will block
on.

>       Jocke PS.
>    Any chance to see this patch in the jffs2-2_4-branch too?

Have you tested it? I haven't :)

I've actually changed round a lot of that code in the trunk now, fixing the
NAND problem I mentioned - that cleanup won't go into the stable branch, but
the original one probably can.

To be honest, I'm more interested in working out why kupdated blocks and
fixing that, rather than trying to work around it by reducing the symptoms.

--
dwmw2