RE: New jffs2 files stay uncompressed?

In my tree, the most time is spent scanning empty flash and doing CRC on the inodes data part. If
there were a way to avoid scanning the empty nodes(that is, play with the ACCURATE bit in the
CLEANMARKER node) and avoid CRC(CRC is checked at every read request anyway so maybe we could just skip
the extra CRC check at mount) at mount on every files data, the mount would be very fast.

BTW, today the CLEANMARKER is optional, is that intentional? If it was mandatory it would
make life simpler when playing with the erase blocks.

Jocke