Re: New jffs2 files stay uncompressed?

joakim.tjernlund@xxxxxxx.se said:

>  How? I figure that iff ACCURATE bit is set in a CLEANMARKER, then
>  that erase block is empty. On first write to such a EB, clear
> ACCURATE bit in the CLEANMARKER node and then write you data to flash.
> Can't see how to do that in jffs2_mark_node_obsolete()

You don't do that in jffs2_mark_node_obsolete(). But it does allow you to
get rid of the change you wanted to introduce to jffs2_mark_node_obsolete():

-	} else if (!jeb->used_size) {
+	} else if ((jeb->used_size == PAD(sizeof(struct jffs2_unknown_node)) && !jeb->first_node->next_in_ino)

... because you know that the CLEANMARKER node will be obsoleted, and hence
used_size will be zero.

However, you can't necessarily rely on the CLEANMARKER node being marked
obsolete on the flash, by having the ACCURATE bit removed - not all
hardware supports that. I suppose for that hardware we can just do the scan
completely as we do today, so that's not too much of a problem.

--
dwmw2