Re: New jffs2 files stay uncompressed?

joakim.tjernlund@xxxxxxx.se said:
>  hmm, I dont see how to do that if no reliable test exists. Ahh, maybe
> in scan.c?

Yes, and when we write the first non-CLEANMARKER node to a new block from
the free_list.

>  Not in the stable branch. The ACCURATE check is done last and
> disregarded if it's not set.

Hmmm. That's an oversight. We should be able to skip them. I'd rather not
put optimisations like that in the stable branch though - I've been bitten
by changes which are more obviously correct than that. I want to stabilise
the trunk and feed it to Linus fairly shortly anyway - I don't expect it to
be broken anyway, just that I'm being more adventurous there. It's
certainly stable enough for 2.5 :)

--
dwmw2