From: Russell King - ARM Linux [mailto:linux@xxxxxxx.uk]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 11:49 AM
To: todd.kallam@xxxxxxx.com
Cc: clement.moreau@xxxxxxx.uk
Subject: Re: JFFS2 on 2.4.17-rmk5

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 02:17:20PM -0500, todd.kallam@xxxxxxx.com wrote:
> Has anybody else had a good experience with REISERFS or any other
> replacement for JFFS2?  Does the JFFS2 maintainer even know about
> these problems?  I have searched the web lists for info on
> JFFS2 bugs, but I have not found much.

Let me kill this here and now.

ReiserFS is not suitable for use on flash devices.  It doesn't perform
any wear levelling (in fact, the blocks that the journal occupies will
probably be worn out in no time).

May I suggest that you take JFFS2 problems to the right forum, namely
jffs-dev@xxxxxxx.com

Thanks.