Re: wear-levelling heuristics

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 09:32:22 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:

> tino.keitel@xxxxxxx.com said:
> >  I read that the wear-levelling of JFFS 2 only works as long as the
> > system isn't rebooted because it will restart at the same point each
> > time. It seems to me that this is still the case if I look at jffs2/
> > gc.c. Any comments? :-)
>
> It should be fixed in the current code, by the simple tactic of rotating
> the block lists by a pseudo-random number of entries after each mount.
>
> Comprehensive testing has not yet been done.

Hum, what's the official way to include the latest CVS into the kernel?
Kernel patches are out of date (I only found patches for 2.4.0-test kernels)
and patches/patchin.sh doesn't considers jffs2. I created the links for jffs2
myself but I still had to fiddle around with zlib and crc32 headers, apart
from the fact that changes of the configure options aren't reflected that way.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@xxxxxxx.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG