JFFS2 build problems, WAS: Re: wear-levelling heuristics

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 11:49:24 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:

> tino.keitel@xxxxxxx.com said:
> > Hum, what's the official way to include the latest CVS into the
> > kernel? Kernel patches are out of date (I only found patches for
> > 2.4.0-test kernels) and patches/patchin.sh doesn't considers jffs2. I
> > created the links for jffs2 myself but I still had to fiddle around
> > with zlib and crc32 headers, apart from the fact that changes of the
> > configure options aren't reflected that way.
>
> The latest CVS code requires the shared zlib which is in the 2.4.19-ac
> tree, and also available from bk://linux-mtd.bkbits.net/zlib-2.4 or as a
> patch at ftp.kernel.org:/pub/linux/kernel/people/dwmw2/shared-zlib
>
> The easiest way to do it, for testing, is to build as a module - just check
> it out from CVS, go into the fs/jffs2 directory and type 'make', or
> 'make LINUXDIR=/wherever/your/build/tree/is' if you don't want to build for
> the currently-running kernel.

Since I would like to do some tests with the latest CVS I grabbed 2.4.19-pre4,
applied the pre4-ac2 patch and did the following:

- 'make' in /usr/src/mtd/fs/jffs2 resulted in errors in file.c and wbuf.c:

file.c:57: structure has no member named `wbuf'
file.c:57: structure has no member named `wbuf_len'

Looks like I have to go with the version inside the kernel tree.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@xxxxxxx.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG