mkfs.jffs2 throws away my erase size

Hi folks,

I created an mtdram with a size of 16 MB and an erase size of 8 KiB.
When I create the JFFF2 filesystem using mkfs.jffs2 -e 8, it says the
following:

Increasing erase size to 64KiB minimum

The souce code says that erase sizes less than 64 KiB are not allowed. Why?
AFAIK, 8 KiB is the typical erase size of NAND flashes.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@xxxxxxx.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG