Flash file size error?

Hi
I am new on this etrax-development front.

I am using the Etrax-100LX board for my embedded development.
Etrax-100LX board has 2MB flash space. But when I am able to see only 192KB
Is my flash broken or is it something else.

Here are the details
[root@Camera /]54# df
/dev/flash2                192       160        32  83% /mnt/flash
tmpfs                     2568        48      2520   2% /var
[root@Camera /]54#

Secondly, Is the any way for (properly?) shutting down the etrax computer.
Something like "Shutdown -h now". Currently I shut it down by turning off the
power supply. Is that the proper way ?