Question about JFFS.

I have a MC68VZ328 board, now MTD and JFFS2 are working, i can comopile the
MTD utils for my host machine (i586 with RH7.2), but for my board at the
moment i only can compile erase and eraseall.
If i make:
eraseall /dev/mtd0
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt
It work prefect, i get a empty filesystem, and i can put files on them.
But when i use the mkfs.jffs2 in my machine and make a image file:
mkfs.jff2 -d /home/xxx/dir -o /export/test.jffs2
and in the board i make:
eraseall /dev/mtd0
cp /usr/test.jffs2 /dev/mtd0
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt
The fs are not mounted, it tell me that the location 0x0000000 are not
formated, and some mesges about not magic numbers in the first sectors?

What are happend??
Are the mkfs.jffs2 util working property?

Regards.