questions about jffs2

Hello
I am just dealing with JFFS2 and I have some questions about it:
How many bytes can a node on the medium have? (4 Bytes ??)
How is a file subdivided into many nodes while writing it to the flash? I
think a node should be as big as possible but it is not allowed to cross a
block boundary with JFFS2. Am I right here?
How do nodes get obsolete? What exactly means “obsolete by subsequent
 writes”?
Is it possible to boot a kernel with ppcboot right from jffs2 as
rootfilessystem?
Thank you
Patrik