Re: CRC error after power off

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 16:34:20 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> tino.keitel@xxxxxxx.com said:
> >  I wrote a lot of files to a JFFS2 file system using the blkmtd
> > emulation and powered off the machine. Now the JFFS2 has a CRC
> > error. I thought this should not happen.
> >

> You probably powered it off while it was writing a data node. It
> should not have obsoleted the previous version of that data until the
> new one was written, so the CRC error should be harmless.

Did you mean that it is sure that it has written all data, then want's
to write the new CRC and in this moment the machine was powered off?

> If you're paranoid, you could check which inode that particular data
> node belongs to, and verify the contents.

Hum, how to to that? Add some debug code that prints the filename that
belongs to the inode?

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@xxxxxxx.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG