From: David Woodhouse [mailto:dwmw2@xxxxxxx.org]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 8:34 AM
To: Tino Keitel
Subject: Re: CRC error after power off

tino.keitel@xxxxxxx.com said:
>  I wrote a lot of files to a JFFS2 file system using the blkmtd
> emulation and powered off the machine. Now the JFFS2 has a CRC error.
> I    thought this should not happen.

You probably powered it off while it was writing a data node. It should not
have obsoleted the previous version of that data until the new one was
written, so the CRC error should be harmless.

If you're paranoid, you could check which inode that particular data node
belongs to, and verify the contents.

--
dwmw2