Re: Generic Test Suite for Transaction Safe Flash File Systems

Thomas.Bierwirth@xxxxxxx.de said:
>  sorry for asking this potentially stupid question, but is there
> something  like a generic set of defined test cases to be run for
> testing a transaction

> safe file system ? Is there a test suite included in the JFFS2
> sources?

> I would like to run some initial tests to get an impression of JFFS2
> and some alternatives.

I usually do a lot of dbench on SMP boxen, and some test programs hacked up
locally to exercise things that JFFS/JFFS2 have been known or might be
expected to get wrong -- holey files, etc.

The best way of getting real-life testing seems to be to commit stuff to
the handhelds.org kernel tree and let a large bunch of iPAQ users beat it
up :)

--
dwmw2