Re: Bug with filenames >= 29 chars and odd length.

On 24 Jun 2002, Ian Campbell wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We have been noticing corruption with some longer filenames under JFFS2
> (2.4.18 version). After some investigation it turns out that any
> filename > 28 characters and odd in length (I tried everything up to 99)
> gives an error.
>
> I ran the attached script in a new directory, rebooted and then ran 'rm
> *' in the directory. Now doing an ls in this directory gives:
>
> ls: ./29.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’: No such file or directory

I can't reproduce this on 2.4.18 with the mtdram device, with either the
2.4-branch code or the trunk. Can you reproduce it on mtdram or only on
your flash? I'd have expected the name_crc to catch any flash errors,
unless we've done something completely stupid like not including the
final byte of the name in the crc. Can you set CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=1,
mount an empty flash or mtdram device and create only one such file, then
unmount and remount it and send me the logs?

I'm at the Ottawa Linux Symposium this week, so may not be particularly
responsive.

--
dwmw2