JFFS2 Mounting - Free memory size

Hai

I am very new to JFFS2. I have tried to have JFFS2  file system on a PC_Card Compact flash. I worked quite well but

1. Where can I find more info about the JFFS2. Right now I do not have a clear understanding of the file system.

2. Whenever I try to mount the JFFS2 CF (CF is 32 MB) and see the /prc/meminfo, I see that the free memory reduces by almost 32 MB after the CF is mounted. Why is it so?

Thanks & Regards
Rajagopal C