booting from DoC 2000

Hello,
	I have a DiskOnChip 2000. I can mount it through nftlaX and read/write
to it. What I would like todo is boot from it. I have tried to find
some information but there seems to be alot of discrepancies in what I
find, some howtos say not to use the mtdblock device others say to use
it. I'm a little confused. Here is what I'd like to accomplish, if
someone can let me know if it is possible and / or other ways around it.

Ideally:
	have the DOC using jffs or jffs2.
	boot using either grub or lilo
	no initrd.

secondary:
	have the DOC partitioned, one part ext2 for /boot and the rest on
jffs/jffs2.

Is this possible. If so how?

Here is what I have. I have linux-2.4.19 seeing the doc, I can mount
through nftla and I have the jffs partitions. I figure that this is how
to proceed, create my jffs image with the kernel in the /boot dir. get
the lilo with mtd patches and install that. cp the image to the mtd0
device (making sure that the /etc/fstab file uses /

/dev/mtdblock0 / jffs2 defaults 0 0

is that correct? Will it work?
--
Nathanael Noblet