correct mkfs.jffs utility

Hi All

I want to create jffs/jffs2 file system on RAM disk.
Can somebody please suggest me where to download a
utility for that.
I tried using mkfs.jffs from so many sites but none of
them is working.
I am trying as follows
Boot image for the redhat linux -2.4.17 is prepared as
follows
1. Enable jffs /jffs2 support in kernel
2. Enable RaM disk support in kernel.
3. Enable loop device support in kernel

mkfs.jffs -d target >img
target is a directory
Now to check whether the created image is correct or
not I try mounting it using the follwoin  command.
mount -t jffs img /mnt/windows -o loop
But each time I get hte follwing message
Bad fs type.,ad option,bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
or too many mounted devices.
Please suggest where to get the correct mkfs.jffs
utility from.
I have used the mkfs.jffs utility  from the following
sites.

http://cvs.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/uclinux-h8/userland/jffs-tools/mkfs.jffs/mkfs.jffs.c

http://www.infradead.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/mtd/util/mkfs.jffs.c?sortby=author

Please help regarding the above