Re: Test cases for JFFS2

mad_flasher@xxxxxxx.com said:
>  Yeah I noticed that too.  I actually got it to complete using

> '-R'

Bug in generic_file_mmap().
 cf. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103679594605326&w=2

> '-W'

Design decision. We don't do shared writable mmap.

> and  '-L'(no file creation or size changes)

Bug in jffs2_prepare_write(). I was getting the locks in the wrong order --
hence it deadlocked. Fixed in both the 2.4 branch and head of CVS.

cf. http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd-cvs/2002-November/002556.html

There are one or two other candidates for that one too, which got fixed a
while ago.

> and '-N 2000'.

Plenty of candidates for that, should be fixed.

>  Which bug is that?  Unfortunately we are using a quite old version of
> jffs2  (CVS from pre 2.4.10) so I will have to fix the the same bug
> until we move  up to a new kernel :(

You should be able to drop the jffs2-2_4-branch code into a 2.4 kernel
without trouble. You'll want the shared-zlib patch.

--
dwmw2