Re: Test cases for JFFS2

>From: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxx.org>
> > '-R'
>
>Bug in generic_file_mmap().
>  cf. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103679594605326&w=2

Good to know.

> > '-W'
>
>Design decision. We don't do shared writable mmap.

I figured that was the case.

> > and  '-L'(no file creation or size changes)
>
>Bug in jffs2_prepare_write(). I was getting the locks in the wrong order --
>hence it deadlocked. Fixed in both the 2.4 branch and head of CVS.
>
>cf.
>http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd-cvs/2002-November/002556.html
>
>There are one or two other candidates for that one too, which got >fixed a
>while ago.

I'm sure there are other bugs that have been fixed that we still have.  I'll
have to start checking the cvs logs more regularly ;)

>You should be able to drop the jffs2-2_4-branch code into a 2.4 kernel
>without trouble. You'll want the shared-zlib patch.

Ah.  I grabbed the head and just noticed (not surprisingly) alot of
updates/differences.  I'll take a look at this branch on Monday.  Planning
on moving to a newer 2.4 version soon, so this is good to know.  Thanks for
the info, should help us out alot.

Thanks again,
Josh