Re: crc32() optimization

joakim.tjernlund@xxxxxxx.se said:
>  umm, Is not 2.95 still the recommended compiler?

For stability if you're paranoid about it, maybe. If you care about
performance (which you evidently do) it's at least worth _trying_ 3.2.

> What should we non x86 users do? Maybe and #ifndef x86 around the
> unrolled code?

Fix the compiler. :)

> David, is crc32 slower for you as well(with my patch applied)?

Haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'm only playing with i386 atm anyway
-- my iPAQ is at CRL being unbricked and everything else JFFS2-capable on
my desk is too much of a pain to play with kernels on (no network, xmodem
download only).

--
dwmw2