Re: crc32() optimization

joakim.tjernlund@xxxxxxx.se said:
>  Now I wonder: Is there a #pragma or something that will allow me to
> unroll individual functions. I have looked allover but no luck so far.

You could add 'CFLAGS_crc32.o := -funroll-loops' to the Makefile. Not sure
how you'd manage it only for certain architectures. I suppose you could try
cetting CFLAGS_crc32.o in arch/$(ARCH)/Makefile. The name 'crc32.o' should
probably be unique -- anyone else with that file name should probably be
using the one in lib/ anyway :)

Note that the new code in 2.5, which you're backporting, has the crc32
functions in crc32.c; the old code had them inline so you'd actually need to
use -funroll-loops on the whole jffs2 subdirectory.

--
dwmw2