Re: JFFS Newbie

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 18:56, Brian Moran wrote:
> I am a newbie to JFFS. I am interested in JFFS as a flash file system
> for use on a siemens C167uP using a 1Mb Block Mapped NAND Flash.
>
> This device is intended to be a small ruggedized data logger.
>
> I would like to port the core jffs code to be supported on a device with
> a very small custom operating system (not Linux). I would like to
> support only the most basic file operations and directories.
I'm not sure, if JFFS will help you, as there is curently no support for NAND
Flash. NAND support is implemented in JFFS2 and YAFFS.
JFFS2 has data compression included and requires a fair amount of memory.
YAFFS is without compression and needs less memory.
Read also http://linux-mtd.infradead.org/tech/nand.html

--
Thomas