Re: JFFS Newbie

Some issues here...

* YAFFS is already well partitioned to be ported. The same might be true of
JFFS2 too.
*Beware licensing issues if you're not using Linux. If in doubt approach the
Copyright holders to clarify.
* On 1MB of NAND the RAM usage advantages of YAFFS will be trivial except
perhaps during garbage collection (sorry I don't have enough knowledge of
JFFS2).
* If you only have 1MB flash, then the compression in JFFS2 will likely be of
benefit.

Squeezing stuff into a C167 is going to be a challenge I think. Unless you're
using some special C167 features (ADC, CAN etc - which I figure you are) then
it might be worth considering something else.

-- Charles