"Unresolved symbols" problem in compiling JFFS2

Hello all,

I'm trying to use a new version of MTD (mtd-snapshot-20030115.tar.bz2) on
2.4.19 kernel. I patched the kernel source (according to the instructions
in the mtd-howto) and built the kernel image:

sh patchin.sh -j /usr/src/linux
make menuconfig
... (I configured JFFS2 to build as a module)
make dep
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install

The last step generates following outputs:

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.19/kernel/fs/jffs2/jffs2.o
depmod:         zlib_deflateInit__Rc5e78d3e
depmod:         zlib_deflate_workspacesize_Rf0caf44b
depmod:         zlib_inflateInit2_
depmod:         zlib_inflate
depmod:         zlib_inflate_workspacesize
depmod:         zlib_deflate_R28c35bd1
depmod:         zlib_deflateEnd_Rcd8db61d
depmod:         zlib_inflateEnd

When I boot with the new kernel, I could not load the jffs2 module, because
of  similar errors. This did not happen when I use JFFS2's original version
(the version ship with 2.4.19 kernel). And I'm already updated my zlib to
the latest version. Can anyone help me?

regards,
Zhou Ping