To David:4 questions about jffs2

Hi, David

I sent a mail to the mailing list a few days ago but nobody
answer my question,so I have to ask you directly:)

My problem is:

1.If the mtd partition is larger than the jffs2 image, and the mtd
part has not been erased ,the "Magic bitmask 0x1985 not
found..." will appear ,right? And except for erasing the whole
mtd part, is there any solution else? It seems that the -p option of mkfs.jffs2 has no use solving it?

2.There is some "Old jffs2 bitmask found..."message there, so
where the old bitmask 0x1984 comes from? and how can I make the
message dissapeared (apologize for my poor English)?

3.Sometimes when I delelte some files , it will be some "CRC
failed"message there, I think it should be the abnormal power-down
before the data was written to the flash, isnt it? How can I
solve the problem? or there is just no solution except to ensure
the board power down normally every time?

4.This problem comes from my workmate:when he try to mount the
jffs2 as the rootfs, its ok(and its rw)but when he try to write
something on it, such as creating a symbol link "ln -s
/bin/busybox ping" ,there wil be :
ARGH. About to write node to 0x00178004 on flash, but there's data already there
:
:
argh. node added in wrong place
ARGH. About to write node to 0x00178054 on flash, but there's data already there
:
0x00178054: 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 48 00 00 00
argh. node added in wrong place
and when he try to "ls -l ping", there will be:
Node CRC cd9d229e != calculated CRC 159a4729 for node at 00178054
Node CRC cd9d229e != calculated CRC 159a4729 for node at 00178054
lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 12 Jan 1 00:15 pingls: ls:ping: Input/output error
Is there message comes from jffs2? If it is, why it appears and how can solve it?

Apologize for taking your time and thanks a lot in avdance.
Have a nice day

Jim Zeus