Re: Re: To David:4 questions about jffs2

On Mon, 20 January 2003 21:12:26 +0800, jimzeus@xxxxxxx.com wrote:

> But,I still want to know HOW the -p option of mkfs.jffs2
> recognize the size of the mtd partition? I mean,if the size
> of the image is 2MB and the partition is 10 MB,how can I create
> a image with padding the image to the size of the partition?
> Maybe I misunderstood and the -p option should be used in some
> way else?

mkfs.jffs2 -p 0xa00000 ...

-p should be given a parameter and that parameter better be in bytes.
octal or hex is fine, but it doesn't understand "10M" at all. If you
have some free time at your hands, you could patch it. :)

Oh yes, this is from memory, so if in doubt, better double-check my
answer.

> > Propably old garbage, unless you prove us otherwise.
>
> It disappeared after I erase all the partition.

Cool.

Jörn

--
Write programs that do one thing and do it well. Write programs to work
universal interface.