insmod jffs2 error...

I am trying to put jffs2 on arm (LART board). When I do an depmod -a
jffs2.o, I get the following error (Linux version 2.4.18). I patched the
kernel with linux-2.4.19-pre10-shared-zlib as mentioned in one of the
earlier posts on this list, but still the same error.

insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_inflate
insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_inflate_workspacesize
insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_deflate_workspacesize
insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_inflateInit_
insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_deflate
insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_inflateEnd
insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_deflateInit_
insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_deflateEnd

How do I fix this ? The symbols are in lib/zlib_deflate/ and
lib/zlib_inflate/ directories.

TIA,
-siddharth