Using JFFS on a block device?

Hi,

I have a board which has a CompactFlash slot, and it emulates a hard
disk (both the BIOS and Linux see it that way). I'd like to use JFFS on
it, mostly because it offers wear-leveling -- without that I'm afraid
that the flash will die pretty quickly. It it possible at all to do
something like that?

Or perhaps you have a better idea how to handle this situation -- using
the flash as a hard disk, and having some kind of wear-leveling
protection at the same time?

Thanks!

--
Alex Shnitman <alexsh@xxxxxxx.net>