Re: jffs2 flash life calculation

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 12:10 +0200, Jörn Engel wrote:
> Are there usage patterns where lots of data is rewritten even though
> 6+ erase blocks are free at all times?

No, but there are usage patterns where lots of data are rewritten even
though the free (and dirty) space is more than the size of 6 erase
blocks.

If you have 12 blocks which are _half_ full because your usage pattern
tends to leave you with a mix of live and dead data, we have to
garbage-collect. If you have 6 blocks which are completely empty because
you don't have still-valid nodes interleaved between all the stuff you
deleted, that's ideal.

--
dwmw2