JFFS2 with arm!

Hi,

       My host system is an x86 processor. I want to
create a file system for my Flash memory. I used
JFFS2. I cross-compiled the MTD utilities for my Arm
processor. The mkfs.jffs2 executable was successfully
created. But with this I can no more create filesystem
image. When I run mkfs.jffs2 it complains of
bash: ./mkfs.jffs2: cannot execute binary file.

	How can I create a file system image?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,
Deya.