How to behave nicely on JFFS2

Hello all

We are developing/porting some software onto an
embedded system that will have 32MB flash based on
Intel chips with a JFFS2 file system on it. My
question is what pattern of
read,write,insert,delete,... operations does JFFS2
like and dislike ??

Basically how must applications behave in order to not
cause too much wasted space in terms of fragmentation
and the overhead that comes with it or to avoid
putting the file system in a state that makes it less
efficient/slower ?

Example of questions that come to mind for me are :

1. Should data be stored in memory until its a certain
amount before it is appended to a file ?

2. Is it better to delete and rewrite a file then to
update a portion of a file ???

I can't find any guidelines for programmers to follow
when developing against a JFF2 file system.
I have read the "JFFS : The Journalling Flash File
System" paper by David Woodhouse Red Hat, Inc. and
also I have gone through this mailing list.

Thanks in advance for you help, and sorry if i yip yap
too much.

David Bagheri
WRX