Re: ACLs in jffs2

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 15:28 +0100, Jörn Engel wrote:
> Ok, you have to add the glue stuff, userspace interfaces and such.
> You can also optimize a lot, if you require EAs to be very short files
> (one node at most), but the principle is almost trivial.

We make this requirement for symlinks, and it gets on my tits. It's a
lot of pointless special-casing. Well, _some_ :)

I think we need to allow at least up to 64KiB for EAs, which means we
really do want to allow them to be more than one node.

But yeah -- it's fairly trivial. And then someone can write a database
front end which uses them to make up a fairly simple database on JFFS2
:)

--
dwmw2