Re: JFFS on 2.6.0

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 21:19 -0800, Sumit Narayan wrote:
> Hi,
> I am conducting driver-level test to have a performance analysis of JFFS
> File System. I am trying to mount an IDE Block Device as JFFS2, but am
> unable to do so.. I am unable to get mkfs.jffs also. :( Could someone help
> me by telling me way to mount a hard disk as JFFS? I am trying this on
> Kernel 2.6.0. I have enabled MTD and JFFS/JFFS2 by menuconfig. Are there any
> other parameters also to be enabled? Thanks in advance.

Use the 'blkmtd' device, which provides a virtual MTD device using a
block device as backing store. Bear in mind that it will give you
performance which is violently different from JFFS2 on 'real' flash.

If you actually care about performance of JFFS2 on a block device, you'd
want to look into using the NAND support to batch writes into 512-byte
sectors, etc.

--
dwmw2