Help needed

Hi all,
 I am new into this lista nd ofcourse to this field also...I am writing a
MTD driver for an AMD flash Am29DL323CB in a MIPS based board...I want to
have use jffs2 for the file system and configuration parameters for my
kernel....But I am unable to get the flow from File System(User space) to
the functions accessing the hardware....can anyone of you please suggest me
any document or any website where from I can get something of this kind???
Thanks in advance

Banajit Goswami