Re: garbage collection thread zombies

>From: David Woodhouse <dwmw2@xxxxxxx.org>
>
>Hmmm. Isn't this a problem for _all_ kernel threads which are started
>before init but which may die later? Perhaps a more generic solution
>should be adopted than to make them all reparent themselves _again_ on
>exit?

Yes it is.  I had a few other kernel threads in some of my code with the
same issue.  I agree that a more generic solution would be better, but there
aren't many kernel threads in the vanilla kernels that get started before
init and can then be killed later.  So I simply fixed the few that could.

The presence of reparent_to_init makes me think that the original developers
thought the onus should be placed on the thread itself.

jb