Re: xattr in JFFS2

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 16:25 +0200, Jörn Engel wrote:
> Read the archives, there was a short thread last december.  In short,
> create a hidden directory per file, add one file to it for each xattr,
> file name is the key, file contents the value.

That's quite inefficient. Each jffs2_inode_info has a lot of overhead,
like permissions, times, etc. I think perhaps we might do better to
invent a new node type for it.

It's fairly easy to offer transaction support to userspace if we do that
too. You start a transaction, make some EA changes, then commit that
transaction. Implementing a database on top of that is left as an
exercise for the reader.

--
dwmw2