Re: Only two 8 kbyte FLASH NOR blocks, is this enough for FFS2?

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 11:10 +0200, Jeroen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I only have two 8 kbyteFLASH  NOR blocks free. I only need to write a
> few very small setting files on it. Are two 8 kbyte blocks enough for
> making a FFS system? I don't want to erase a block every time a file
> (500 bytes) is written. Should I take a look at an other system to store
> my settings?

Theoretically, yes. You can write 16 updates sequentially to each block,
each update marking the previous one as obsolete. Then when you write
the first update to the second block, you can erase the first block.

JFFS2 doesn't currently handle that automatically -- you need to tweak
the free block thresholds in jffs2_calc_trigger_levels() in build.c, at
the very least.

--
dwmw2