umount problem with JFFS2

All,

I am having a problem after I unmount my JFFS2 file system. The senario goes
as follows:

1) I burn the JFFS filesystem to flash.
2) The system boots up with no errors messages at all ( all debug info is
enabled )
3) I type reboot, and I start to see the below messages in /proc/kmsg

...etc
<7>Starting erase of pending block 0x011c0000
<7>Freeing all node refs for eraseblock offset 0x011c0000
<7>Erase completed successfully at 0x011c0000
<7>Verifying erase at 0x011c0000
<7>Writing erased marker to block at 0x011c0000
<7>Starting erase of pending block 0x01180000
<7>Freeing all node refs for eraseblock offset 0x01180000
<7>Erase completed successfully at 0x01180000
<7>Verifying erase at 0x01180000
<7>Writing erased marker to block at 0x01180000
...etc

4) The next time I bootup my system, I get the following error messages.
When
my root filesystem is being mounted.

..etc
JFFS2: Erase block at 0x01180000 is not formatted. It will be erased
jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x011c0000:
0x2003 in
stead
jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x011c0004:
0x000c in
stead
jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x011c0008:
0xdc6d in
stead
...etc

It makes sense that what ever the system is looking for is no longer present
(as it has been erased). But why does my system start erasing blocks in the
first place ??

Thanks,

Peter

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution
or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the
sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message. Also, email is
susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized
amendment and viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we
are not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering, amendment
or viruses or any consequence thereof.