Re: JFFS2 mount time

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 16:26 +0200, Ferenc Havasi wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Here is the latest version of our mount time improvement.

It's looking good, but the kernel really needs to be able to write these
summaries for _itself_ in order to give a real improvement over the long
term. If the file system has to be read-only we might as well be using
cramfs, and if the summary becomes obsolete over time we might as well
not bother in a lot of cases.

--
dwmw2