Re: newbie: JFFS --> JFFS2 migration question

On Fri, 17 December 2004 12:07:53 -0800, Mike Wellington wrote:

>   I am a newbie to this list so forgive me
> if this is a stupid question.
>
>   We need to migrate from JFFS to JFFS2.  There
> are user space applications that run and write to
> JFFS.
>
> I need to know...
>
> ...are there any issues, pitfalls, or difficulties
> with migrating from JFFS to JFFS2?
>
> (I asked this same question on the JFFS2 list and
> got ignored - sorry if it is a stupid question ).

There shouldn't be any serious problems.  In the end, things may still
break and you may not get any support.  This is open source, there is
no vendor you could sue.  But I'd be more concerned about staying with
jffs(1) than converting.

Jörn

--
Data dominates. If you've chosen the right data structures and organized
things well, the algorithms will almost always be self-evident. Data