RE: newbie to JFFS2

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 13:44 +0530, Srivatsan wrote:
> Thanks Mr. Artem. Please excuse me if I am asking too obvious questions.
>
> 1) I have a requirement in my software to make the filesystem self
>    referential. For this I had gone thro' JFFS source code and also
> JFFS2
>    source code. But the problem is that the filename representations are
>
>    made in the RAM based structures rather than the in flash data
>    structures. How is the File System getting the Filename while it is
> being
>    built in JFFS? In our design we are not particular to support
> hardlinks.
Names are stored within the filesystem on flash media in the dirent
nodes. They may be cached in RAM, but are read from flash to the cache.

> 2) What I meant by versioning is the version for each file (e.g., CVS)
> being
>    stored on the file system. If anybody can give me a case study of how
>
>    they have done this, might be very useful to me.
JFFS2 doesn't know anything about user-level versions like CVS. For
JFFS2 as for any other file-system I know all files are treated equally.
JFFS2 uses versions of *nodes* (not files) internally and this is not
the business of user-space applications.

> 3) Does www.embeddedlinuxworks.com still exists or has it relocated?
I Have no Idea.

--
Best Regards,