Re: creating jffs2 filesystem on ext3

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 15:08 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Does it mean I won't be able to create an empty 23 GB jffs2 image?
>
> Or perhaps I didn't see some option?

JFFS2 won't handle images larger than 4GiB, and as a fully log-
structured file system its RAM usage will probably become prohibitive
before you get that big. We're working on tricks to make it scale
better, but until that's done there's little point in dealing with the
4GiB limit. That one isn't a JFFS2 problem per se; it's just that the
MTD core doesn't handle devices larger than that.

--
dwmw2