My problem: mkfs.jffs2: cannot execute binary file

Hi:
This is my first time to post in the list.
Here is my problem:
My system is Freescale 5484LiteEvb (with coldfire 5484 CPU) and my BSP is
mcf547x_8x-non-pcs_bsp-050321.tar.gz (uclinux 2.4.26) from Freescale.
In order to porting JFFS2 to the EVB board, I created "mkfs.jffs2" but the
result is:
"mkfs.jffs2: cannot execute binary file".
I run "file mkfs.jffs2" and here is the result:
Mkfs.jffs2: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped.
Mkfs.jffs2: BFLT executable - version 4 gotpic

I looked at the ../user/mtd-utils/Makefile and confirmed that my compiler is
"gcc" instead of "m68k-elf-gcc".

I also tried to use a couple of different uClinux distribution and got the
same result.

So what is problem with the executable mkfs.jffs2?

Thanks,

Shiyuan