From: owner-jffs-dev@xxxxxxx.com">mailto:owner-jffs-dev@xxxxxxx.com] On Behalf
Of Shiyuan.Qi@xxxxxxx.com
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 3:54 AM
To: jffs-dev@xxxxxxx.com
Subject: My problem: mkfs.jffs2: cannot execute binary file

Hi:
This is my first time to post in the list.
Here is my problem:
My system is Freescale 5484LiteEvb (with coldfire 5484 CPU) and my BSP
is mcf547x_8x-non-pcs_bsp-050321.tar.gz (uclinux 2.4.26) from Freescale.
In order to porting JFFS2 to the EVB board, I created "mkfs.jffs2" but
the result is:
"mkfs.jffs2: cannot execute binary file".
I run "file mkfs.jffs2" and here is the result:
Mkfs.jffs2: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not
stripped.
Mkfs.jffs2: BFLT executable - version 4 gotpic

I looked at the ../user/mtd-utils/Makefile and confirmed that my
compiler is "gcc" instead of "m68k-elf-gcc".

I also tried to use a couple of different uClinux distribution and got
the same result.

So what is problem with the executable mkfs.jffs2?

Thanks,

Shiyuan

Disclaimer:

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of MBT and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s).   In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender.  The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of MBT.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus.  However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and MBT is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use